Sunday, August 9, 2009

Catching up

Well, I've really neglected this blog. Life just got too busy. We'll be starting back to school this week and I'm going to attempt to start writing about what we're doing again. I had planned to do part time school through the summer, but things happened and I needed a break.


We did a lot of fun things over the summer. We were lucky to have Chad home more than usual. Colin really enjoyed taking tennis lessons in May. We made two trips to the beach. We visited friends and family in Kentucky. We spent a weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN, where we got to spend time with my cousins and their families. We also spent a day at Tweetsie Railroad, went blackberry picking, went sluicing and creeking at the Emerald Hollow Gem Mine with some good friends, and did quite a bit of fishing. The kids spent a lot of time playing outside with the neighborhood kids.


The kids are growing so quickly. I can't believe Molly will be 5 in just a few months. She surprises me all the time with the things she knows. She picks up so much from listening to what Colin and Caleigh are doing. Caleigh has lost 3 more teeth this summer. She loves how she looks with those gaps when she smiles. Chad calls her a jack-o-lantern and she thinks that is so funny. She also got brave and took her training wheels off her bike. Colin just won't stop growing. Every time I shop for him, it takes me a few minutes to convince myself that these are really the sizes he needs. It seems like he needs new shoes every few weeks.


 


 

No comments: