Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Week: 4/22-4/26

I made more progress in the school room last weekend than I expected. I still need to organize all the craft stuff and hang stuff on the walls, but most of the books are put away. I was excited that it was good enough to do school in there and hoped to get back to a full schedule this week. Then I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat and earache. That sickness stuck around all week feeling like strep, then the flu, and now like a regular cold. Luckily, no one else has gotten it, and I'm finally starting to feel better. So we didn't get back to our full schedule, but we were able to add a few things in.

The girls had been doing review sheets and Life of Fred for math, but went back to their regular RightStart Math lessons this week. They also started doing grammar and spelling again.

Colin added logic in with what he'd already been doing. He finished Module 9 in General Science.

We finished reading Litle House in the Big Woods and doing the activities in The Prairie Primer.

We also read a few chapters in A History of US, but my voice wouldn't allow me to do as many as I had planned.



Sophie turned 3 months old this week.


 photo DSC_0640.jpg


This week started with more snow. On Wednesday, we went to a park to meet with some people from a homeschool group we've joined. I was probably too sick to be out and the wind made it way too cold, but I wanted the kids to be able to meet some other kids and we needed to get out of the house. Happily, the end of the week turned out to be great. Friday was in the 70s and just beautiful. Colin had a hockey game that evening so I found a park near the rink and we went there to walk the trails and let the kids play for a while before the game. We had great weather over the weekend too. At least it's looking a little more like spring out there. We did still see some snow on the ground in the shady areas today when we went for a walk. It looks like we'll only get another day or two of it before it gets a lot colder for a few days.


 photo DSC_0778.jpg
Still lots of ice on the lake, but at least some of it is melting


 photo DSC_0769.jpg
Kids playing at park


 photo DSC_0774.jpg
They loved this slide that goes down to the beach.






1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Sounds like it was a good week -busy and full of learning.